Video Marketing Strategies for Business Growth
In a world where everyone is so immersed in video, it only makes sense that you include it as part of your marketing strategy. The truth is, though, video is more than just a strategy. It’s a way to bring your brand to life, to cut through the noise and tell your story the way it deserves to be heard. If you’re ready to transform your business with video, continue reading and discover the many ways you can use it to help grow your business.
Musical Montage Videos
Musical montages can be a powerful and engaging tool in video marketing, adding an emotional and dynamic dimension to your content. They can be used to showcase many different aspects of your business. Perhaps, like the example above, you want to show people the beauty your business has to offer and what they can expect to experience. The ways in which you can use montage sequences in video marketing are practically limitless, but some of the most common applications are:
- Behind the Scenes Videos: Own a restaurant? Why not take customers in the kitchen, and feauture one of your delicious meals being prepared.
- Showcase Skill Progression: Own a gymnastics gym, martial arts school, dance studio, or other fitness facticity? If you get in the habit of capturing video on a regular basis, you can use montage sequences to highlight the progress your members are making.
- Recap an Event: Does your business hold events? Montage sequences tell a visual story and are a great way to recap key moments in a short concise way. Examples could include: a black belt test, dance recital, gymnastics competition, a special dinner, etc.
One of the great things about montage sequences, is that once you have them they can be reused and repurposed in different ways– sometimes as a part of some of the other kinds of videos we’re going to discuss.
Testimonials/Student Spotlight Videos
Testimonials, reviews and referrals are critical to your business’ success. So why not put them on video? If you own a service business with members that are experiencing some kind of transformation, whether they’re getting healthier or developing a skill, you can create a member/student spotlight video series. This gives your members a chance to shine, and also serves the purpose of a testimonial. Remember the key here is to show and tell. Let the member tell about the impact your business has had, but be sure to showcase what they’re talking about. The visual story you create can be especially powerful for both potential and existing customers. It can help anyone considering doing business with you better understand the value of what you offer, while also reminding existing customers of the same.
Once you’ve created a member spotlight video you’re going to want to publish it in multiple places, some of which include:
- Your website: be sure to include testimonials and spotlight videos as part of the description of your services. In fact you could repurpose these videos and use them as part of a longer video that includes clips from multiple testimonial videos along with footage of you explaining your business’ story.
- Facebook groups and pages: If you have a group for your business be sure to share it there, and make sure that your privacy settings allow for your members to be able to share it as well.
- YouTube: If you have a YouTube page publish it there. In addition, I like to use google ads to turn my spotlight videos into in-stream ads that I run targeting people in the local area.
Then of course publish to any other social media you might be using (i.e. Instagram, TikTok, etc).
I think it probably goes without saying that at some point you have to introduce yourself to potential customers. This is the whole purpose of a brand awareness campaign. It’s the first stage of marketing. And aside from meeting someone face to face, there’s really no better way to do that than through video. A well crafted video can start the process of taking the viewer on a journey. And when you mix well chosen words, some music, and the appropriate visuals you’ve got a recipe for success.
Some places you might consider adding introduction videos include:
- Website Homepage: Make a video welcoming visitors to your site.
- YouTube Channel Page: Create a trailer video introducing yourself while also teasing of what’s to come.
- Facebook Group or Facebook Page: You can create a pinned post that includes your video and gives an introduction to what group members or followers can expect.
It’s important that you keep these videos short and to the point. Remember this is an introduction. You want to make a good first impression. You don’t want to go on and on and lose the viewer’s attention. Figure out what are the most important things you need to say. Then say them in a concise way. If they like what they hear, you’ll have the chance to say more later on.
It’s hard to imagine video marketing without short promo videos. What’s especially valuable is implementing them in a way that emphasizes the core values of your business. Remember, people like to do business with people they understand and trust. A well crafted promotional video that highlights some of the values of your business might just give people the reason they’re looking for to do business with you. And it might be just what you need to take your business to new heights.
Free Instructional Videos
There are so many things that you can teach with video. Let’s quickly look at some of the reasons instructional videos might benefit your business.
- Businesses that sell a Product: You can put out free training videos related to your product. Maybe you’ve created a new and better gardening tool. Why not put out gardening tips, showcasing your product along the way? Of course, once people purchase your product, it might also come with its own set of training videos.
- Fitness and Wellness Studios: Free training videos can benefit existing and potential members. Existing members have a way to engage with your training at home, while potential members have the chance to discover what they can gain and learn from you.
- Online Courses: You might be tempted to keep everything behind a pay wall, but how will potential students know the value you offer if you don’t give them a little taste.
Incorporating instructional videos into your marketing strategy showcases your commitment to customer satisfaction. It positions your brand as a valuable resource and encourages viewers to view you as more than just a business, but as a partner in their journey toward self-improvement.
The power of video lies in its ability to connect with your audience on a personal level, conveying your message in a memorable and engaging way. Video marketing can help you cut through the noise, tell your story, and foster meaningful relationships with your customers.
Ready to Tell your Story the way it Deserves to be Heard?
Video marketing can often times be as overwhelming as it is necessary. You’re already busy with all the day to day stuff involved with running a business. Why not let someone do the heavy lifting for you? Let me take a look at your business.
Fill out the form below and get your Free Video Marketing Plan.